A Journeyman Electrician may only work in the employ of an Electrical Contractor holding a certificate of competency in the field; to install, repair, alter, add to or change any electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, raceways, conduit or any part thereof, which generates, transmits, transforms or utilizes electrical energy in any form for light, heat, power or communications including the electrical installations and systems within plants and substations, all in such manner as to comply with all plans, specifications, codes, laws and regulations applicable and his scope of work shall include that of a room air-conditioning contractor, installation only.
Examination Content Outline
The examination is based on trade-specific information pertaining to materials, tools, equipment, practices, terminology, and relevant laws. It is a three (3) hour, open book examination that consists of 75 questions.
|Subjects||No. of Items|
- NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code, 2008
- Code of Federal Regulations – Title 29, Part 1926 (OSHA), 2003
- American Electricians Handbook, 1996, 13th edition, Croft/Summers
- Ugly's Electrical References, 2002, Hart
- Tom Henry's Key Word Index, 2002, Henry
- NFPA NEC 208 – Hand Book
- NFPA NEC 2008 – Book
- Calculation for the Electrical Exam
- Tabs NEC 2008
- Understanding the NEC 2008 Volume 1
- Understanding the NEC 2008 Volume 2